Team T-shirts are in!
If you ordered a team shirt, they’re available to be picked up during practice time! The cost per shirt is $10 for athletes and $20 for fans.
We’ve had some changes.
All City was moved from Thursday to Friday, and because of this switch LHS will not be competing in the Coaches Invite on Saturday. Instead, we’ll have normally scheduled Saturday practice at the weight room from 9-10am.
Because of finals week, we will only have morning practice on Tuesday. On Friday athletes can get some extra hours of sleep!
All changes are reflected on the team schedule.
Loveland vs. Legacy
- Monday evening the Lang’s will be hosting a pre-meet team dinner!
- Tuesday, December 15th 2015
- At VMAC in Thornton
- Swimmers will be released from class at 1:25
- Buss will leave promptly at 1:40
- Warm-ups start at 3:00, meet starts at 4:00
- Swimmers, please look at your entries here
- Friday, December 18th 2015
- Because this is an in-city meet, there’s no team transportation.
- Meet at MVAC at 2:00, in the water for warm-ups at 2:15, meet starts at 3:00
- We will go out to dinner as a team after the meet! Restaurant TBD, most likely Red Robin.
For Winter Break…
Athletes need to complete 3 practices per week, or 6 practices total over the two weeks of winter break. In order to receive full attendance points for these practices, a parent/guardian needs to sign a note saying that they were completed and the athlete needs to bring that note in to me (coach Sarah) after break.
I’ll be posting the team’s workouts right here over break, so swimmers will know exactly what they need to do.
Loveland vs. Fort Collins Meet Moments
The Loveland High Swim and Dive team had an outstanding first home-meet of the 2015-2016 season, and came out on top with a 124-59 win over the visiting Fort Collins! Read on for some of the great things that happened in the water, and check out the full results here!
Most Improved: Mia Gauvin swam a 2:17.28 200 freestyle, a 4.31 second drop from her previous time.
High Point Scorer: Erin Lang took two first place finishes in the 200 free (2:01.07) and the 500 free (5:24.91) bringing in 12 points for LHS.
Congratulations to our first swimmers going to state!
Erin Lang qualified in the 200 free (2:01.07) and the 500 free (5:24.91)
Grace Payton qualified in the 100 backstroke (1:01.16)
Ashley Peet qualified in the 100 breast (1:12.16)